2. In February 2013, Anaïs, a French fashion design student living in London, saw a YouTube video of Samantha, an American actor living in Los Angeles. She was immediately blown away by how similar they both looked.
3. After some light internet stalking, Anaïs learned that she and Samantha shared a birthday, and they were both adopted. So she did what any twentysomething would do, and sent her a Facebook message.
6. Finally, in May 2013, Samantha and her family flew to London to meet Anaïs and her family for the very first time.
7. The “twinsters” as they’ve dubbed themselves, shared an immediate bond.
8. Over the next year, Anaïs traveled to Los Angeles to visit Samantha for two weeks.
9. And they were even able to spend 10 days in Seoul, Korea, where they visited their adoption agencies and discovered the land where their separation took place.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️