1. Fans across the U.S. gathered at bars and house parties to cheer on Team USA in their match against Portugal on Sunday. Up by a point with only 30 seconds left in the game, USA fans thought a win was inevitable. But they were very, very wrong.
Elite Daily / Via elitedaily.com
2. The game ended in a 2-2 draw, after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s perfect cross to Varela resulted in a goal as USA fans were preemptively celebrating a win. Key word: preemptively.
Jeffrey Haeger / Via youtube.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".