1. Fans across the U.S. gathered at bars and house parties to cheer on Team USA in their match against Portugal on Sunday. Up by a point with only 30 seconds left in the game, USA fans thought a win was inevitable. But they were very, very wrong.
2. The game ended in a 2-2 draw, after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s perfect cross to Varela resulted in a goal as USA fans were preemptively celebrating a win. Key word: preemptively.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate tonight at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.