1. Fans across the U.S. gathered at bars and house parties to cheer on Team USA in their match against Portugal on Sunday. Up by a point with only 30 seconds left in the game, USA fans thought a win was inevitable. But they were very, very wrong.
2. The game ended in a 2-2 draw, after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s perfect cross to Varela resulted in a goal as USA fans were preemptively celebrating a win. Key word: preemptively.
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Kickoff is at 6:30 ET 🏈