1. Fans across the U.S. gathered at bars and house parties to cheer on Team USA in their match against Portugal on Sunday. Up by a point with only 30 seconds left in the game, USA fans thought a win was inevitable. But they were very, very wrong.
Elite Daily / Via elitedaily.com
2. The game ended in a 2-2 draw, after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s perfect cross to Varela resulted in a goal as USA fans were preemptively celebrating a win. Key word: preemptively.
Jeffrey Haeger / Via youtube.com
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›