1. You can watch the private performance here:
2. Jared & The Mill, a self-described indie folk-rock band from Tempe, Ariz., is one of 18-year-old Mason Endres’ favorite bands.
She met the band at last year’s SXSW and stayed in touch via social media, and was looking forward to seeing them again.
3. Unfortunately, Mason’s dream of seeing Jared & The Mills perform was shattered when a suspected drunken driver plowed through a crowded Austin, Texas street — killing three and injuring more than 20.
4. Mason suffered a broken leg, a fractured neck, and a broken nose, according to Austin American-Statesman. She was rushed to St. David’s Medical Center.
5. Two of the band members had been talking to Mason just minutes before the accident.
6. When they found out that their friend had been among those injured in the crash and wouldn’t be able to make their show, they decided to bring the concert to her hospital room.
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- Liberia has reported its first Ebola death since the country was declared free of the virus in May.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who's faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president.