1. This is Brian Levitas. On October 29, Brian, a junior at Indiana University, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
2. When Brian’s fraternity brothers learned he had cancer, they dropped everything they were doing, skipped class, and rallied around their brother.
3. With Movember just days away, the guys decided to put down their razors and join the no-shave November movement in honor of their friend. They decided they would set a goal to raise $500.
4. Just days later, they had raised over $57,000 for the Lymphoma Research Foundation.
5. Brian’s dad and younger brother also stopped shaving in honor of Brian.
6. Brian’s slogan is, “tough times don’t last, tough people do.” Brian says that having an army of friends and family to support him has “put a smile on my face every single day that I wake up, and made this ten times easier.”
7. Watch the full video here.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›