This year, Dronestagram and National Geographic France have collaborated for the first annual Dronestagram Photo Contest. Amateur and professional photographers entered their images and footage, taken by cameras on remote-controlled drones. Here are the winners.
2. In first place: Bali Barat National Park, Indonesia, by Capungaero.
3. Second: Manila, Philippines, Jericsaniel.
5. And here are the most popular photos, according to Dronestagram users.
6. In first place: Tamull waterfall, Mexico, by Postandfly.
7. Second: Sanary Sur Mer, France, by Jams69.
9. The competition aside, Dronestagram continues to get some stunning photos and videos uploaded by users.
(left) Flying above the “Hermannsdenkmal Detmold” (hermann-monument) in Germany. (right) Scuba-diving in Surendorf, Germany.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›