1. This is the eruption of the Cordón Caulle volcano in central Chile in 2011.
2. The pictures are an incredible glimpse of the power of nature.
3. This is the volcano on the second day of eruption.
4. A large smoke and ash plume from the eruption could be seen from different regions in Chile.
5. You can see the lava glowing inside the volcano while lightning strikes the smoke plume.
Matt Tucker is the UK picture editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.