1. This is the eruption of the Cordón Caulle volcano in central Chile in 2011.
2. The pictures are an incredible glimpse of the power of nature.
3. This is the volcano on the second day of eruption.
4. A large smoke and ash plume from the eruption could be seen from different regions in Chile.
5. You can see the lava glowing inside the volcano while lightning strikes the smoke plume.
Matt Tucker is the UK picture editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›