1. This is the eruption of the Cordón Caulle volcano in central Chile in 2011.
2. The pictures are an incredible glimpse of the power of nature.
3. This is the volcano on the second day of eruption.
4. A large smoke and ash plume from the eruption could be seen from different regions in Chile.
5. You can see the lava glowing inside the volcano while lightning strikes the smoke plume.
Matt Tucker is the UK picture editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona. ›