1. This was the scene at Brighton Pier yesterday.
2. A festive ride on the ferris wheel was certainly not an option.
3. The winds were also quite high in London, as this man found out.
4. This is how the severe weather affected a beach in Lyme Regis.
7. Those who had to leave the house yesterday were met with forceful winds.
9. For some, it’s never too windy for a quick selfie.
10. It was, however, a bit too windy for this festive dog in a Christmas jumper in Sidmouth.
11. Many were affected by floods, as can be seen here in Yealmpton, Plymouth.
12. And these were the roads last night in Shepton Mallet.
13. Because of the flooding and debris on the rail lines, passengers travelling home by train for Christmas were met with massive delays across the country.
14. The arrivals board at Kings Cross station says it all.
15. Many were stranded for hours, unsure if and when they would be able to travel.
18. Even the pigeon-deterring hawk and its minder at Kings Cross Station looked weary.
19. Those who weren’t travelling were also affected, as last-minute shoppers found out.
20. Shoppers in Blackpool had to brave gale force winds to make their final purchases.
21. And office Christmas parties were also a bit dampened by the weather, as this group of colleagues in fancy dress discovered while out on the Blackpool promenade.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›