1. Bomb damage in Lowestoft, England, 1916.
2. Serbian soldiers marching in the Lord Mayor’s show, London, in the last days of World War I, 9 November 1918.
3. Soldiers and nurses at Great Dixter, Northiam, East Sussex, 1916.
Soldiers at a table in the Great Hall at Great Dixter, with some still in bed. The medieval beams and mullioned window are clearly visible. Great Dixter was turned into a convalescent home for soldiers in the first World War, a few years after Lutyens had worked on the house for Nathaniel Lloyd.
4. A MKIV tank at the Lord Mayor’s show in London, November 1917.
5. Indian soldiers, wounded fighting at Flanders, recuperating at Bournemouth, England, circa 1917.
6. Injured Indian soldiers of the British Army at the Brighton Pavilion, converted into a military hospital around 1915.
7. Australian soldiers outside Egypt House in New Broad Street, London, where the Australian Bank is housed, 23 June 1917.
8. British soldiers inspecting a captured German plane in the Horseguards’ Parade, London, November 1915.
9. Wounded soldiers and cadets at the Albert Hall on Empire Day in May 1918 in London, England.
10. German prisoners of war on their way to Southend Pier accompanied by guards and watched by the local populace, 1914.
11. American troops marching down Sloane Street, west London, 1918.
12. Wounded soldiers playing football outside Blenheim Palace around 1916 in Woodstock, England.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️