26. McDino Changeables (1991)
Oh, you thought you were just picking up some french fries? Oh no. It’s a dinosaur ~disguised~ as french fries. Revolutionary, really.
25. Tiny Toons Flip Cars (1991)
See, there was a character on EACH SIDE of the car. Genius. You flipped it over and everything… EVERYTHING… was different.
24. Batman Car Figures (1992)
The batmobile toy was actually TWO pieces cause the front piece would THRUST off of the back piece so as to attack Batman’s enemies.
23. Potato Head Kids (1992)
Potato Head Kids let you dream the impossible. You could grow up to be a baseball player. Or a pirate. Or a potato.
22. Yo Yogi (1992)
SET ON SURFACE. WIND BACK WHEELS. LET GO. *BE ~AMAZED~*
21. Good FUNdamentals Food Figures (1993)
First of all, they’ve got FUN right there in their name. Second, “Milly” the milk carton had the nicest legs of any milk carton I’ve ever seen.
20. Bobby’s World (1994)
I don’t even think they make colors like this anymore.
19. Amazing Wildlife (1995)
Soft *AND* cuddly. The monkey was obviously the best, followed closely by the elephant. The others just kinda tagged along.
18. Spiderman Figures (1995)
Look at this craftsmanship. Look at this technology. Look at it. Look at all of it.
17. Disney Masterpiece Collection (1996)
Oh, these were no ordinary Disney VHS boxes. Oh, no. Because… when you opened these bad boys… there was a FIGURINE INSIDE. Also a Dumbo doll that squirted water, which was cool, too, I guess.
16. Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
No bath time was complete without one of these bitches floating by your side.
15. “Babe” Plush Animals (1996)
That’ll do, plush pig. That’ll do.
14. “Mighty Ducks” Sliding Pucks (1997)
Definitely broke a few windows with these.
13. Sky Dancers (1997)
PULL STRING AND WATCH AS MAJESTIC FAIRY THRUSTS INTO SPACE.
12. “The Little Mermaid” Floating Toys (1997)
Ok, first of all, they could float. Second, they were GOLD.
11. “Hercules” Action Figures (1997)
Hercules himself was obviously the biggest prize. Also, Phil.
10. Tamagotchi Keychains (1998)
Okay, to be fair, these didn’t do AS MUCH as the real Tamagotchis. Like poop or eat or feel things. But they were pretty cool for Happy Meal fair.
9. McDonald’s Animal Pals (1997)
NOT THE SAME as the other animal plushes. You think you can get a moose and a yak and a rhino and a panda just anytime? No. These were special.
8. “Tarzan” Action Figures (1999)
The elephant was probably bigger than an average happy meal cheeseburger. Therefore, awesome.
7. “Lion King II” Stuffed Toys (1998)
Yes, they *may* look like they survived some sort of nuclear accident. But also they were amazing.
6. “Space Jam” Plush Toys (1996)
*Technically* you had to pay extra for these. But still. “Space Jam” was the shit. And so were these.
5. Mini Furbies (1999)
Because your full-sized Furby wasn’t enough. It was never enough.
4. “101 Dalmatians” Figures (1997)
LITERALLY ONE HUNDRED AND ONE DALMATIANS. EVERY. ONE.
3. “Inspector Gadget” Body Parts (1999)
Okay, these were weird because technically each single toy was a different body part. But once you had them all… oh MAN.
2. Halloween McNugget Buddies (1993)
Why eat chicken nuggets when you could DRESS THEM IN COSTUMES?! Also notable: Green-haired Guy Fieri McNugget.
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.