1. Let’s be perfectly honest, elephants are basically cats…
…except, sure, they’re bigger and fatter and wrinklier and they have longer noses. But hey, they have a sassy attitude, they can sometimes do tricks, and most importantly, they ARE SO FLUFFY. Look at this elephant’s fluffy head and back. I just want to rub a balloon against it. Basically just a cat in an elephant’s body.
6. Elephants are actually super-majestic.
Look at this majestic elephant just floppin’ around the mud. I mean, he’s FLOPPIN’ AROUND IN MUD. But look at how majestic he looks while doing so. Any other animal tries floppin’ around the mud, they’re just gross. But elephants know how to keep things classy and regal.
7. They have adorable, down-to-earth fashion sense.
Elephants aren’t fancy folk. They like to look their best. But also, they don’t like to spend a lot of money. So they wear cute little shirts to keep themselves warm. Look at this little elephant romp around in his lil’ shirt.
9. Elephants are basically just like people.
Look at this elephant throwing a temper tantrum. His mom is probably making him go to his grandma’s house for dinner, and he’s like, “BUT MOOOOMMM.” Just like us. Why would he want to go to his grandma’s house when there’s all this mud to roll around in? He doesn’t. And frankly, neither would I.
10. Always make the absolute best of friends.
This is what elephants are all about: a good cuddle with a great friend. Look at how peaceful these two look. They probably spent the whole day talking mostly about elephant things and then taking a nice nap in each other’s arms.
Look, he fits right in with the guys.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate 🇺🇸
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.