OK, pancakes are delicious. Obvi. But they’re a bitch to make, right?
Wrong. Making pancakes at home is easy, as long as you know what you’re doing. Plus, you essentially have unlimited options. Vegan or gluten-free? Chocolate chip or blueberry? How about buckwheat and pomegranates?
Before we get carried away though, here are a few quick tips.
1. Separate eggs and fold whipped whites into your batter. You can do this with any recipe that calls for eggs. No eggs? Add air with a carbonated beverage.
2. If you’re using any type of flour with gluten then let the batter rest for at least half an hour in the fridge before cooking. This will relax the glutens and result in tender pancakes.
3. Always preheat your pan and test it with a tiny amount of batter before moving onto your real cakes.
4. Cook in small batches, and keep them warm in the oven while you make the rest.
2. So who wants make a bunch of pancakes for all of your friends and family this weekend?
More like, who wants to devour a pile of pancakes while binge watching shows on Netflix this weekend?
Try one of these recipes:
4. 2. Banana and Carob Chip Pancakes (Vegan)
5. 3. Pear Date Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
7. 5. Buttermilk Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
8. 6. Apple Cider Maple Sausage Cornmeal Pancakes
9. 7. Coconut Pancakes with Mango Slices and Lime Syrup
10. 8. Buckwheat Pancakes with Pomegranate Seeds and Whipped Cream
11. 9. Basil and Chocolate Chip Ricotta Pancakes
13. 11. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
14. 12. Toasted Coconut and Macadamia Nut Pancakes
15. 13. Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
16. 14. Cinnamon Mascarpone Pancakes with Warm Morello Cherries
17. 15. Whole Wheat Banana Cinnamon Pancakes
18. 16. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
20. 18. Pumpkin Pancakes (Paleo Approved)
21. 19. Pina Colada Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
24. 22. Cornmeal Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Pear Syrup
25. 23. Blueberry Chocolate Chip Quinoa Pancakes
26. 24. Strawberry-Mint Pancakes with Vegan Balsamic-Maple Syrup
28. 26. Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Pancakes
29. 27. Chocolate Chip Espresso Pancakes (Dairy-Free)
30. 28. Double Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
33. 31. Persimmon Almond Pancakes
34. 32. Raspberry Granola Pancakes Recipe (Gluten-Free)
35. 33. Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Pancakes
36. 34. Cranberry Coconut Pancakes (Paleo Approved)
37. 35. Pecan Flaxseed Pancakes
38. 36. Sourdough Pancakes with Rose Petal Jam
39. 37. Apple Pancakes with Pecans and Caramel Syrup
41. 39. Almond Pear Cardamom Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
42. 40. Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Dairy-Free)
43. 41. Curried Squash and Bacon Pancakes (Paleo Approved)
44. 42. Black Forest Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›