Focaccia is one of my favorite breads to make. It’s relatively easy, and totally vegan since you don’t need any milk, and use a shit ton of olive oil instead of butter.
I actually learned how to make focaccia from one of the great culinary minds of our generation:
2. Anne Burrell (@ChefAnneBurrell on Twitter)
Who doesn’t love Secrets of a Restaurant Chef?
In the episode where she introduced her now famous focaccia recipe, Anne gives us two basic tips:
3. Make sure to use a lot of olive oil.
You should use at least 1/2 a cup for a single sheet of focaccia.
4. And, poke holes in the dough with your fingers.
It may seem odd, but this is what gives you a nice lumpy focaccia.
Now that we’ve got the basics covered, here are my favorite focaccia recipes.
6. 1. Anne’s Classic Focaccia
There are only 5 ingredients in Anne’s recipe. It makes a double batch, which could be problematic, but can you ever have too much homemade focaccia?
7. 2. Rosemary Focaccia
Add a little bit of fresh rosemary for flavor focaccia that goes with pretty much everything. Recipe here.
8. 3. Country Potato Focaccia
Use a combination of sourdough and whole wheat for this potato focaccia. Recipe here.
9. 4. Cranberry Pumpkin Focaccia
Seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Recipe here.
10. 5. Super Food Focaccia Buns
Made with flax seeds, kale, quinoa, and bell peppers. Recipe here.
11. 6. Olive and Basil Focaccia
Basic focaccia topped with kalamata olives and basil. Recipe here.
12. 7. French Onion Focaccia
Including tips for baking focaccia at high altitudes. Recipe here.
13. 8. Sweet Potato Focaccia
Topped with rosemary and sea salt. Recipe here.
14. 9. Corn and Potato Focaccia Cakes (Gluten-Free)
Served with caramelized onion jam in the photo above. Recipe here.
15. 10. Roasted Garlic Focaccia
Roast your garlic before using it in your focaccia for a more developed flavor. Recipe here.
16. 11. Fig Focaccia
Basic focaccia dough topped with fresh figs and rosemary. Recipe here.
17. 12. Grape and Fennel Seed Spelt Focaccia
With Sea Salt and Basil. Recipe here.
18. 13. Sourdough Chili Oil Focaccia
Drizzle your focaccia with chili oil instead of olive oil for a bit of heat. Recipe here.
19. 14. Meyer Lemon Focaccia
Can be made with regular lemons if you can’t find meyers. Recipe here.
20. 15. Mini Focaccia Rolls
Sprinkled with olive oil, salt and Zaatar. Recipe here.
21. 16. Rasin Focaccia
Made sure to rehydrate raisins by soaking them in hot water. Recipe here.
22. 17. Strawberry Focaccia with Maple-Balsamic Onions
Both sweet and savory at the same time. Recipe here.
23. 18. Whole Wheat Jalapeño Focaccia
Made with jalapeños and cilantro. Recipe here.
24. 19. Pomegranate Quinoa Focaccia
Made with bread flour and cooked quinoa. Topped with caramelized onions and pomegranates. Recipe here.
25. 20. Sourdough Potato and Heb Focaccia
Sourdough focaccia topped with potatoes and herbs. Recipe here.
26. 21. Avocado Focaccia
Use a ripe avocado in your focaccia dough. Recipe here.
27. 22. Thyme and Garlic Focaccia
Basic focaccia seasoned flavored with thyme. Recipe here.
28. 23. Cherry Almond Focaccia
Perfect to serve next time you host brunch. Recipe here.
29. 24. Gluten-Free Garlic and Tomato Focaccia
Made with sorghum and millet flours. Recipe here.
30. 25. Parsley and Pepper Focaccia
Basic focaccia recipe flavored with black pepper, parsley, and garlic. Recipe here.
31. 26. Gluten-Free Zucchini Basil Focaccia
Basil in the dough, sliced zucchinis on top. Recipe here.
32. 27. Black Olive and Sun Dried Tomato Focaccia
With a bit of basil for an herby flavor. Recipe here.
33. 28. Parmesan Sage Focaccia
34. 29. Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Focaccia
Another one that calls for parmesan, so bust out your cheese substitutes if you’re a strict vegan. Recipe here.
35. 30. Wholemeal Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Focaccia
If you really want to impress, try making your own sun-dried tomatoes. Recipe here.
36. 31. Gluten-Free Onion Focaccia
Made with a gluten-free white bead flour. Recipe here.
37. 32. Potato and Caramelized Onion Focaccia
Use a mashed potato in your dough with this focaccia. Recipe here.
38. 33. Broccoli Rabe and Tomato Focaccia
If using dried tomatoes, be sure to rehydrate. Recipe here.