1. Designers Tomek & Gosia Rygalik built these tables using stale baguettes that were headed for the dumpster.
2. These once-edible masterpieces were featured at the Vienna Design Week Laboratory, where participants in a full-emersion “bread experience” ate bread from bread dishes on these bread tables.
4. The project was meant to bring awareness to issues of sustainability and food waste.
5. According to the designers’ website, food wasted in Vienna alone could feed half the population of Graz — the second largest Austrian city!
6. Sustainability rocks, but there is one thing worth pondering: what happens when something spills?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›