2. No matter how many redesigns it goes through, Albert is still the WORST.
4. You’ve had to explain to people that the Bobcat is NYU’s mascot (named for the Bobst card catalog) and the nickname is the Violets. We’re both.
The original Bobcat (of Bobst fame).
5. You thought NYU’s attempts to build community were cute.
No campus = No community? Not necessarily true.
6. You went to Yankees/Mets/Jets/Giants/Knicks/Nets/Rangers games, rather than actual NYU sports games.
Wait, NYU has sports?
7. You lived in university dorms and still had a 30-minute commute to campus.
At least there’s the NYU trolley.
8. Your dorm either had maid service, used to be a nightclub, or is located between a corrections facility, a homeless shelter and/or around the corner from a 24-hour sex shop.
Welcome to NYC.
9. Your friends are mostly from Long Island, New Jersey, or California, and are Jewish.
10. You know that finding a nice, attractive, straight boy at NYU was like spotting a mythical creature.
11. Your “quad” had bums, chess battles, drum circles, pot dealers, homeless people, dosa carts, and undercover cops.
We love you anyway, Washington Square Park.
12. You’ve been involved in at least one protest in Washington Square Park.
13. You know school pride is where it’s at, whether you went to CAS, Stern, Tisch, or Gallatin.
14. But you’re still confused as to what exact majors Steinhardt offers.
Applied Psychology, Communications, Education, Musical Theatre, and Food Studies? OK then.
15. You can pronounce Bobst correctly. Or at least, you think you can.
Bob-ssst or Bobe-ssst?
16. You understand why the inside of Bobst looks like the Matrix.
17. You’ve used the Washington Square News to spit out your gum or clean up spills.
It’s super absorbent.
18. You still have a place in your heart (and stomach) for the pasta station in Kimmel.
19. You’re well aware that you’ve gotta “Move all the way in! Make room for a friend!” in the Silver Center elevators.
Remember when it was called Main Building?
21. You know who Sylvia in Hayden is and that Adam Sandler wrote this song about her.
22. You’ve ended a drunken night at Mamoun’s, Kati Roll, Cosmic Cantina, Crif Dogs, or with pizza.
23. Two Words: Strawberry Festival
It’s no Coles Carnival (RIP), but check out that Strawberry Shortcake.
24. You have no idea what Greek Life would be like, because Frat Row at NYU was a hallway.
25. You’ve gotten in several fights with Financial Aid and the Registrar, including one in which they tell you can’t graduate, but somehow it always worked itself out.
26. You know that walking into Stern without wearing a suit will cause you receive SO MANY dirty looks.
27. You’ve gotten an epic hug from John Sexton. And you kinda want another one.
Even if there’s no confidence in him right now.
29. But you consider the day you got into NYU one of the best days of your life.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.