10. 24 Hour Psycho (24 hours)
In 1993, Douglas Gordon created an exhibition of a slowed-down version (two frames per second) of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic thriller, Psycho.
9. The Clock (24 hours)
The Clock is an art installation by Christian Marclay in the form of 24-hour montage of clips from iconic movies referencing the time of day (one clip for every few minutes) that often displayed by a watch or clock.
Look at the audience. So entertained.
8. Four Stars a.k.a **** (25 hours)
A 1967 avant-garde film by Andy Warhol consisting of 83 reels each lasting approximately 30 minutes.
7. The Longest Most Meaningless Movie in the World (2 days)
This 48 hour compilation of strips of undeveloped films, commercials, newsreel and stock footage was made in 1968.
The title speaks for itself.
6. The Cure for Insomnia (3 days, 15 hours)
It shows an artist L. D. Groban reading his 4,080-page poem “A Cure for Insomnia” with occasional clips of heavy metal and porn.
5. Matrjoschka (3 days, 23 hours)
A German film made by Karin Hoerler shows images of a boy riding bicycle, a street, houses, garages, and sky.
4. Untitled #125 (Hickory) (5 days)
This artwork of Josh Azzarella is based on 6 minute and 30 second of The Wizard of Oz from the moment the audience sees the tornado until Dorothy meets the Good Witch.
3. Beijing 2003 (6 days, 6 hours)
Beijing 2003 is a documentary about the city where the artist, Ai Wei Wei, lives. It shows point of view footage from a car driving down every street inside Beijing’s ring road.
2. Cinématon (7 days, 18 hours)
French director Gérard Courant decided to compile over 2,792 silent vignettes from 1978 to 2006. It consists of short clips of celebrities, artists, journalists and friends of the director doing random things. This film is 186-hours long. 35 years in the making.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?