1. Peeniss (Peeta Mellark/Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games)
The alternative is Katpee. Seriously, Katniss/Peeta shippers. Do you want your OTP to sound like the male appendage or, well… cat pee?
2. Cherik (Charles Xavier/Erik Lehnsherr, X-Men)
OK, so we all love Professor X and Magneto. Alone, together, whatever. What we don’t love is the ship name Cherik. You’re probably a smart bunch, X-Men fans. Try again?
3. Thilbo (Thorin Oakenshield/Bilbo Baggins, The Hobbit)
Someone tell me why this name even exists in a world where Bagginshield is a (strange but) far less awful alternative. ^Even Bilbo is baffled.
4. Thorki (Thor/Loki, Thor, The Avengers)
First of all, you’re shipping two brothers. I don’t care that they’re not biologically related, they grew up together as brothers. Second of all, your ship name sounds like a disease. Nothing about this ship is right. Thor/Loki BrOTP 5eva!
5. Sherlolly (Sherlock Holmes/Molly Hooper, Sherlock)
This one sounds like a slobbering dog. Sherly you can do better, Sherlock fans. Hooplock? No? OK, I tried. Beats Sherlolly, anyway.
6. Lestrolly (Greg Lestrade/Molly Hooper, Sherlock)
The ship is cute. But the name has the word “troll” in it. What more can I say? Just when you thought there couldn’t be any ship names in the Sherlock fandom worse than Sherlolly.
7. Stucky (Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes, Captain America)
This one’s currently such a popular ship that even finding a picture that wasn’t fan made slash on the internet was a challenge. However, the name just desecrates this beautiful relationship/friendship/whatever you want it to be. Go for WinterShield. WinterCap. WinterStar. Anything. Just NOT Stucky.
8. Grocket (Groot/Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy)
Yep, it’s already happening. People are shipping a humanoid tree and a talking raccoon. And not platonically. #Grocket is already a thing on Tumblr. In this case, though, the ship itself is more horrifying than the name.