6. Step 1: Get rid of any cigarettes you have. Out of sight, out of mind.
7. Now do your happy dance because you KNOW that felt great.
11. Keep chewing, keep chewing, keep chewing. This will work eventually, right?
12. UGH, who are you kidding, gum isn’t satisfying. Just eat something instead.
18. It’s like you’re overtaken by itches you can’t scratch.
20. So they suggest you go out with them tonight.
21. But “out” is where the people are. THE PEOPLE WHO SMOKE.
23. But as soon as you get to the bar, you spot them: THE SMOKERS.
24. As you catch a whiff of smoke, your temper starts flaring.
26. So you quietly leave before this escalates out of control.
27. At home, you can’t stop feeling sorry for yourself.
28. You could try a nicotine patch, but they give you weird dreams at night.
33. You start to regret the first time you ever had a cigarette.
36. Other times, you suffer from rage blackouts.
38. But FINALLY, one fine day, you come to a realization.
40. Sometimes you almost cave and buy a pack, but you quickly snap out of it.
41. Because actually, there are a lot of upsides to being a non-smoker.
43. You feel richer because you’re not having to buy cigarettes all the time.
44. You can run without feeling like your lungs are on fire.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›