1. Here’s the Dixie Chicks version of Miley’s ultra-popular ballad.
The chicks debuted their violin-laced, sultry cover at the March Country 2 Country concert on March 15 in London.
2. Their rendition has gorgeous harmonies and string solos.
The group, who hasn’t performed together in seven years, recently started touring again.
3. This month marks the 10 year anniversary of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines’ controversial statement about George W. Bush, which sparked a war with radio hosts and fans.
By singing Miley’s “I never meant to start a war” line, perhaps Maines and the Chicks are making a statement about their resilience and strength?
4. Miley is no stranger to country music, either.
Her father is, of course, country star Billy Ray Cyrus, but Miley has proven to be quite the country singer as well. She does a killer cover of Dolly Parton’s “Jolene.”
5. If we’re lucky, maybe Miley will cover the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.”
That song was the band’s first big statement in the wake of their tangle with the Bush administration. “Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should,” Maines sang, with zero time for her haters.