1. Because ice cream tastes better when it’s served in a tiny cap.
2. No more of this one game a week nonsense — *cough* football *cough.*
3. You can finally use up all of the sick days you’ve saved to skip out of work for games.
That damn flu really catches up to you around April.
4. There’s nothing better than tossin’ back a cold one at a game.
5. Because, as the saying goes, a hot dog is your face-hole’s best friend.
6. It’s OK to spit whenever, wherever.
Thou shalt not leave the house without sunflower seeds.
7. The only thing better than eating hot dogs is watching them run around the field.
8. It’s the only time you’re totally fine with being treated like an animal.
9. Because everyone loves “Take Me Out To The Ballgame.”
10. It’s Bud Selig’s last year as MLB commissioner.
12. Seeing if the Nationals can rebound with their new, young talent.
13. Being filled with child-like excitement when you catch a foul ball.
The free beers and hugs are an added bonus.
14. MLB approved extended instant replays for the 2014 season.
15. A-Rod is out for the season.
16. Getting a look at the goofy (but hopefully effective) protective caps for pitchers.
17. Enjoying another year of David Ortiz.
21. The thought of spinning around like an idiot in front of 30,000 people revs you up.
22. You’re weirdly curious to find out who’s juicing this year.
24. You can debate the ban on home plate collisions with your friends.
25. Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, and Frank Thomas will be inducted into the baseball hall of fame in July.
27. You give a damn about your bad reputation.
You stay classy, Philadelphia.