1. She exudes confidence.
“Just pretend like you’re the shit, you’re the biggest fucking thing to happen to this city.” — Karen O from a 2013 SPIN Interview.
2. Although she’s mostly known for her fierce onstage antics, she proved at the Oscars that she can tone it down and still be amazing.
Placing her shoes next to her onstage was such a delicate touch.
3. But behind the polished look lies the greatest spazzy yelper of our generation.
4. Her energy onstage is infectious and she’ll make you want to jump and scream along.
5. Her image is just as loud and as dynamic as her sound.
Fashion designer Christian Joy loved Karen O’s eccentricity so much that she started designing her clothes for concerts.
She’s always sporting the freshest pair of tights.
6. She sure knows how to execute the hell out of an elegant gown.
Proving she’s crazy talented AND a kid at heart.
8. She doesn’t stick to one specific sound.
Acoustic, amped, gospel-fusion? She’s able to do it all.
9. She’s proof that you can be both badass and sweet.
10. Her sex appeal is undeniable.
She was voted “Sex Goddess” in a SPIN reader’s poll.
12. She wrote her own psycho-opera, Stop The Virgens, which debuted in 2011 at the Creators Project: New York event.
13. She’s obsessed with the artistry and presentation of putting on a show.
14. She loves her fans and wants them to be a part of her music.
15. She has proven her diverse taste by covering country-style songs like Roger Alan Wade’s “If You’re Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough.”
17. She covered Willie Nelson’s “Abandon” to raise money for Farm Aid.
The effort was sponsored by the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation.
18. She does what she wants.
19. She puts all of her emotion into her art.
Her tears in the “Maps” music video were real.
20. She and her husband, director Barnaby Clay, are an insanely adorable power couple.
22. She’s not afraid to step outside her comfort zone.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.