1. They had to wear fake teeth on “Full House” because they were losing teeth at different rates and needed to have the same smile
6. Both of their first on screen kisses were in “Passport to Paris”
With those hotties
7. Mary Kate was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for her work in “So Little Time” but Ashley was not
But she was still there to support her sister.
8. They were credited as Mary Kate Ashley Olsen (one person) in the early seasons of “Full House”
The producers didn’t want people to know it was twins playing one role
10. They got their ears pierced for a second time at 16 after both of them got infections at 10 years old and let their holes close up
12. Their album “Brother for Sale” sold 325,000 copies
This was just an excuse to listen to the song.
14. Also, “New York Minute” was the lowest grossing film in history for a movie opening in over 3,000 theaters
Made $5.96 million its opening weekend. :(
15. In “Full House” Ashley acted out the more serious scenes, while Mary-Kate took the funnier scenes
17. They christened a cruise ship named the MS Zaandam
The ship is owned by Holland America Line
18. They were the first twins to get a joint star on the Hollywood walk of fame
19. Ashley is very down to earth and practical
“I am very down to earth and practical” - Ashley Olsen
20. Mary Kate is a prize-winning horse rider
Her first horses name was CD, as in compact-disc, remember those!?
21. Ashley did not attend her father’s wedding to his second wife, only Mary Kate did
22. The bandanas they wore in one of their videos sparked a national trend, which is how they got the idea to start a clothing line
23. They won the 2012 CFDA award for womenswear designer(s) of the year
24. They grew up across the street from — and were best friends with — Troian Bellisario AKA Spencer from “Pretty Little Liars”
Troian made a cameo in Billboard Dad!
25. They have TINY feet. Ashley with a 5.5 shoe size, and Mary Kate with a 6.5
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- [A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›] (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/27/europe-migrants-libya-idUSL5N1125D320150827i)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday. ›