No one knows why hipsters do this. It’s one of life’s mysteries.
10. The DJs who don’t care if anyone’s dancing. They’re here to “educate” the crowd, not entertain them.
12. The ones who are very keen for you to notice their animal tattoos.
13. The ones who embrace Movember, supposedly “for charity”, but really because they just love themselves with a ‘tache.
Which always conveys a really heavy-handed anti-capitalist message.
18. The goths who almost certainly never listen to goth music.
19. The couples who try just that bit too hard to project a sense of gritty urban reality.
21. And the ones with beards that scream ‘I am hipster. Hear me roar’.
Luke Lewis is the executive editor of BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
In The News Today
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›