No one knows why hipsters do this. It’s one of life’s mysteries.
10. The DJs who don’t care if anyone’s dancing. They’re here to “educate” the crowd, not entertain them.
12. The ones who are very keen for you to notice their animal tattoos.
13. The ones who embrace Movember, supposedly “for charity”, but really because they just love themselves with a ‘tache.
Which always conveys a really heavy-handed anti-capitalist message.
18. The goths who almost certainly never listen to goth music.
19. The couples who try just that bit too hard to project a sense of gritty urban reality.
21. And the ones with beards that scream ‘I am hipster. Hear me roar’.
Luke Lewis is the executive editor of BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
In The News Today
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›