1. Yesterday The Guardian published an article by Russell Brand in which he railed against The Sun and Rupert Murdoch.
3. It was pretty full-on.
In it, he compared the paper to Hitler, and referred to its proprietor Murdoch as “Aussie Skeletor” and an “animatronic al Qaeda recruitment poster.”
5. Unsurprisingly, today The Sun have retaliated.
And they’ve even removed the paywall so as many as people as possible can see what they think of him.
7. They point out that Brand hasn’t always been a Sun hater.
He’s used the paper to plug stuff on a number of occasions. And in November 2009 he guest edited the Bizarre showbiz column.
9. But the best part is surely this.
@lukelewis @scottygb the best part is that they’ve drawn a fart coming out of his bottom, clearly demonstrating his hypocritical nature.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.