1. Yesterday The Guardian published an article by Russell Brand in which he railed against The Sun and Rupert Murdoch.
3. It was pretty full-on.
In it, he compared the paper to Hitler, and referred to its proprietor Murdoch as “Aussie Skeletor” and an “animatronic al Qaeda recruitment poster.”
5. Unsurprisingly, today The Sun have retaliated.
And they’ve even removed the paywall so as many as people as possible can see what they think of him.
7. They point out that Brand hasn’t always been a Sun hater.
He’s used the paper to plug stuff on a number of occasions. And in November 2009 he guest edited the Bizarre showbiz column.
9. But the best part is surely this.
@lukelewis @scottygb the best part is that they’ve drawn a fart coming out of his bottom, clearly demonstrating his hypocritical nature.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty in the June shooting of nine people at a Charleston church, his attorney said.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.