1. This is Osborne’s first, and so far only, tweet
Today I’ll present a Budget that tackles the economy’s problems head on helping those who want to work hard & get on http://t.co/20nyTj0UCF— George Osborne
2. Naturally, Twitter welcomed him with open arms
Image by Matt Cardy - WPA Pool / Getty Images
Image by Stefan Wermuth / Reuters
Image by Paul Hackett / Reuters
George Osborne you BRIEFCASE WANKER!! #budget http://t.co/6dllmJ4nvd— Jay Cartwright
7. There were some funny, non-sweary responses too
.@George_Osborne to cut tweets to 135 characters by 2015 except for people with +200K followers. We don’t want to drive them abroad #budget— David Schneider
8. But even the non-sweary ones were still pretty vicious
Today George Osborne announces a massive cut, and says he’s joining twitter. Sure there’s an ‘n’ missing there somewhere.— James Martin
Exclusive photos of George Osborne and advisers preparing for #Budget2013 http://t.co/HXmN2RJ2UQ— Jonnie Marbles
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.