EDL supporters demonstrate at the entrance to Downing Street, May 27.
1. Organise a counter-demonstration.
Weyman Bennett (pictured) of Unite Against Fascism told the EDL supporters gathered at Westminster: “We are the majority - you will fail like the the NF and the BNP.”
3. Politely urge them to look again at their choice of meeting place.
That awkward moment when you realise your EDL rally is meeting up in a gay bar:
the edf descend on woolwich
6. Subtly disrupt their plans.
In case you didn’t get the prank: E20 didn’t exist at the time (pre-Olympics) this was posted. It was the fictional London postal district in EastEnders.
7. Point out the tiny, but significant, flaws in their tattoos.
8. (Their banners could do with a bit of work, too).
Photo by Jonathan Andrews.
10. Give smart-arse responses to their questions.
11. Create an amusing hashtag.
14. Whatever they do, do the opposite.
A JustGiving page set up by Rich David.
15. Turn their interviews into a vocoder-heavy pop song.
16. Invoke local pride.
My message for the #EDL march in Newcastle today! I’m the sure the city will do us proud!
But the most effective way to mock the EDL?
17. Let their words, and actions, speak for themselves.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›