EDL supporters demonstrate at the entrance to Downing Street, May 27.
1. Organise a counter-demonstration.
Weyman Bennett (pictured) of Unite Against Fascism told the EDL supporters gathered at Westminster: “We are the majority - you will fail like the the NF and the BNP.”
3. Politely urge them to look again at their choice of meeting place.
That awkward moment when you realise your EDL rally is meeting up in a gay bar:
the edf descend on woolwich
6. Subtly disrupt their plans.
In case you didn’t get the prank: E20 didn’t exist at the time (pre-Olympics) this was posted. It was the fictional London postal district in EastEnders.
7. Point out the tiny, but significant, flaws in their tattoos.
8. (Their banners could do with a bit of work, too).
Photo by Jonathan Andrews.
10. Give smart-arse responses to their questions.
11. Create an amusing hashtag.
14. Whatever they do, do the opposite.
A JustGiving page set up by Rich David.
15. Turn their interviews into a vocoder-heavy pop song.
16. Invoke local pride.
My message for the #EDL march in Newcastle today! I’m the sure the city will do us proud!
But the most effective way to mock the EDL?
17. Let their words, and actions, speak for themselves.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈