EDL supporters demonstrate at the entrance to Downing Street, May 27.
1. Organise a counter-demonstration.
Weyman Bennett (pictured) of Unite Against Fascism told the EDL supporters gathered at Westminster: “We are the majority - you will fail like the the NF and the BNP.”
3. Politely urge them to look again at their choice of meeting place.
That awkward moment when you realise your EDL rally is meeting up in a gay bar:
4. Deliberately get them mixed up with EDF Energy.
the edf descend on woolwich
5. But be sure to clear up any genuine misconceptions.
6. Subtly disrupt their plans.
In case you didn’t get the prank: E20 didn’t exist at the time (pre-Olympics) this was posted. It was the fictional London postal district in EastEnders.
7. Point out the tiny, but significant, flaws in their tattoos.
8. (Their banners could do with a bit of work, too).
Photo by Jonathan Andrews.
10. Give smart-arse responses to their questions.
11. Create an amusing hashtag.
14. Whatever they do, do the opposite.
A JustGiving page set up by Rich David.
15. Turn their interviews into a vocoder-heavy pop song.
16. Invoke local pride.
My message for the #EDL march in Newcastle today! I’m the sure the city will do us proud!
But the most effective way to mock the EDL?
17. Let their words, and actions, speak for themselves.
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›