EDL supporters demonstrate at the entrance to Downing Street, May 27.
1. Organise a counter-demonstration.
Weyman Bennett (pictured) of Unite Against Fascism told the EDL supporters gathered at Westminster: “We are the majority - you will fail like the the NF and the BNP.”
3. Politely urge them to look again at their choice of meeting place.
That awkward moment when you realise your EDL rally is meeting up in a gay bar:
the edf descend on woolwich
6. Subtly disrupt their plans.
In case you didn’t get the prank: E20 didn’t exist at the time (pre-Olympics) this was posted. It was the fictional London postal district in EastEnders.
7. Point out the tiny, but significant, flaws in their tattoos.
8. (Their banners could do with a bit of work, too).
Photo by Jonathan Andrews.
10. Give smart-arse responses to their questions.
11. Create an amusing hashtag.
14. Whatever they do, do the opposite.
A JustGiving page set up by Rich David.
15. Turn their interviews into a vocoder-heavy pop song.
16. Invoke local pride.
My message for the #EDL march in Newcastle today! I’m the sure the city will do us proud!
But the most effective way to mock the EDL?
17. Let their words, and actions, speak for themselves.
- A Lake County police officer was shot and killed by three men during a routine traffic stop in Fox Lake, Illinois. ›
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›