1. Because sometimes you buy a loaf of Kingsmill only to find it has been sliced the wrong way.
2. Because sometimes you open a packet of Hula Hoops and find one that is unacceptably large.
Oliver Clarke / Via imgur.com
3. Because sometimes you try to buy a Wispa from a vending machine, and this happens.
4. Because there are people out there who go to the supermarket wearing a pyjama onesie.
6. And commuters who think this sort of behaviour is acceptable.
10. Because sometimes you go shopping and everything’s just a bit confusing.
12. Because people these days can be shockingly impolite.
13. Because everyone is weirdly combative all the time, even this branch of Waitrose.
14. Because our young people have no idea how to behave.
Matt Cardy / Getty Images
17. Because the people who put adverts in phone boxes simply can’t be trusted.
20. Because British society has become so sexualised, even the kids’ toys seem vaguely seedy.
21. Because our wildlife is a constant source of disappointment.
22. Because our leading football team are terrible, and not even heroic acts of patriotism like this were enough to inspire them in the World Cup.
23. Because sometimes our entrepreneurial spirit is found wanting.
24. In fact it sometimes feels like we’ll try to flog any old tat.
Jen Ferguson / Via shitlondon.co.uk
25. And even when you do spot a discount, it’s often just a bit underwhelming.
Caroline Keyzor / Via shitlondon.co.uk
26. Because eating out is generally a letdown.
Simon McLelland / Via shitlondon.co.uk
27. Because everyone is grumpy all the time, even after they’re dead.
reddit.com/KennyKeeton / Kenny Keeton
Luke Lewis is the Executive Editor of BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›