1. Construction site to the west of Waterloo Bridge, 1866-1870.
2. Building the Metropolitan District Railway, 1867.
A group of railway construction workers pose for the camera beside a steam crane in Praed Street, Paddington. The Great Western Railway’s Paddington terminus and hotel can be seen in the background.
3. Construction work on the site of Blackfriars Station.
4. Paddington Station in 1868, the year it opened.
5. Bayswater Station, just after completion.
6. Gloucester Road Station under construction, 1866.
7. Notting Hill Gate Station.
8. District Line construction outside Somerset House, 1869.
9. Metropolitan District Railway construction, 1866.
10. High Street Kensington, 1868.
Or as it was then known, just Kensington Station.