5. The impressively cavalier attitude towards the emergency services.
These “inappropriate” 999 calls were all logged by NHS Wales in 2012.
6. The helpful bilingual signs you see everywhere.
Swansea council had emailed, asking for a Welsh translation. This is the response they got, so that’s what they put on the sign.
The one on the left refers to “bladder inflamation”. The one on the right, confusingly, says “look left”.
Which are rich in cultural significance, and not to be mocked under any circumstances.
Photo by Bavnet.
(Even if it can sometimes seem a little uninformed).
Poster spotted in Newport.
11. The way Welsh people good-naturedly put up with that stereotype.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.