5. The impressively cavalier attitude towards the emergency services.
These “inappropriate” 999 calls were all logged by NHS Wales in 2012.
6. The helpful bilingual signs you see everywhere.
Swansea council had emailed, asking for a Welsh translation. This is the response they got, so that’s what they put on the sign.
The one on the left refers to “bladder inflamation”. The one on the right, confusingly, says “look left”.
Which are rich in cultural significance, and not to be mocked under any circumstances.
Photo by Bavnet.
(Even if it can sometimes seem a little uninformed).
Poster spotted in Newport.
11. The way Welsh people good-naturedly put up with that stereotype.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›