1. Someone in New Jersey caught this horrifying creature while fishing.
The only consolation is that it’s dead.
2. OK, what is it?
The leading theory is that it’s a really big sea lamprey, a horrifying parasitic creature that’s scary even when it’s not enormous. But some aren’t convinced: given the limited scope of the photo, it’s impossible to be sure just what that New Jerseyan speared.
3. No, but seriously, what is it?
IT’S A MONSTER.
RUN. SAVE YOURSELVES.
What The Hell Is This Sea Monster?
SHARE YOUR RESULTS
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›