1. He realizes he’s no longer relevant, and no one disagrees.
Pierce often feels like the odd one out on Community, but that damn study group refuses to let him go. Even when he’s being a horribly racist pain in everyone’s ass, he somehow gets talked into staying. Not this time.
2. He’s poisoned by hair dye.
Pierce’s attempt to look younger backfires when his off-brand hair dye leeches into his scalp and slowly kills him. At least he looks really cool on his way out?
3. He grows a soul and exiles himself to a life of solitude.
Look upon your sins, Pierce, and repent! After suddenly developing a conscience, Pierce realizes what a pox on the earth he is. Rather than foolishly attempting to make amends, he leaves Greendale for a remote island where he can sit and think about what he’s done.
4. He’s always been a figment of Abed’s imagination.
It doesn’t make any sense, but no one questions it.
5. He tries to be politically correct and his head explodes.
After the group pleads with Pierce for some cultural sensitivity, he finally agrees to make an effort at curbing his prejudice. Unfortunately, the strain is too much. Kaboom.
6. He electrocutes himself.
In a clever nod to the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation poster, Pierce dies electrocuting himself on Christmas lights. Everyone has a good laugh, because references!
7. He’s been dead since the pilot.
Choked by his own turtleneck! Is there any crueler fate? The Pierce we’ve seen on Community has just been a ghost with unfinished business. And now that he’s seen Dan Harmon fired, he can finally move on to the afterlife.
8. He’s murdered by Dan Harmon.
With help from the monkey who plays Annie’s Boobs. Aw, it’s the most adorable homicide ever!
9. The trolls from “Nothing But Trouble” finally catch up with him.
If you’ve seen Nothing But Trouble, you know exactly what I mean. If you haven’t seen Nothing But Trouble, don’t.
10. He moves to Broadway to be closer to his daughter, Katharine McPhee.
She’s starring as Marilyn in the exciting new production of Bombshell. While Community introduced Pierce’s daughter as a different character played by Katharine McPhee, neither Community nor Smash seem particularly concerned with continuity. Can’t you see Chevy Chase joining NBC’s musical series to romance Eileen Rand?
11. Pierce died on the way back to his home planet.
When in doubt, defer to The Simpsons.
- A large object discovered Wednesday on the coast of the island of Réunion belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour yesterday afternoon. Local authorities are investigating the incident.