1. You considered the possibility of time travel.
2. You began to understand the complexities of life.
4. You questioned your identity.
5. You opened yourself up to the idea of true evil.
6. You began to see your weirdness as an asset.
7. You wondered how Donnie could know this. And if it was true for you, too.
8. You pondered the difference between dreaming and waking life.
10. You speculated that we were all just doomed.
11. So you understood the appeal of changing fate.
12. You accepted that nothing else made any sense.
13. And you realized that ultimately, none of it mattered, anyway.
15. You felt strangely calm about the end times.
16. You asked yourself the same questions over and over again.
17. With Donnie Darko, you learned to appreciate the distinct pleasure of a mindfuck.
Sorry, what were we talking about?
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›