1. 1956 - SRA/Ericsson MTA (Mobile Telephone System A)
This bad boy weighed 88 pounds, making it ironically immobile.
2. 1983 - Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
The first truly mobile phone. It retailed for $3,995 in 1983, which translates roughly to over $8,700!
4. 1984 - Nokia Mobira Talkman
The purpose of the big box? Longer battery life.
5. 1989 - Motorola MicroTAC
The smaller version of the DynaTAC, of course.
6. 1992 - Motorola International 3200
The first digital hand-sized mobile telephone. For Hulk hands.
7. 1994 - Motorola 2900 Bag Phone
I remember thinking that people with these in their cars were RICH.
8. 1996 - Motorola StarTAC
Finally, a reasonably-sized TAC whatever phone.
And it was Neo’s phone.
11. 1996 - Nokia 9000 Communicator
The very first smart phone series
16. 2002 - Sanyo SCP-5300
The first cell phone in America with a camera. Thank you, Japan.
17. 2002 - T-Mobile Sidekick
Those stupid sliding screens broke so easily.
18. 2004 - Motorola Razr V3
Man did we love how thin these were.
- A Lake County police officer was shot and killed by three men during a routine traffic stop in Fox Lake, Illinois. ›
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›