1. Labels matter.
2. Don’t trust a teenager.
3. Never announce you are out of town on Twitter.
4. If your net worth is over a mil, consider hiring a house sitter.
5. Block your address from public databases.
6. Don’t leave your keys under a mat.
7. It’s stupid to take photo evidence of the swag you stole.
8. Don’t make friends with a klepto.
9. You may want to rethink homeschooling your kids
10. Probably shouldn’t talk to Vanity Fair if you are under investigation.
11. Do not leave your pets at home.
12. Lock your side door.
13. Dropping names never helps.
14. MIA and Sleigh Bells make for a great soundtrack.
15. And finally, Emma Watson nailed the American accent.
In The News Today
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Taylor Swift won Video of the Year for "Bad Blood" at the MTV Video Music Awards. ›