The country basically shuts down as soon as we get a millimetre of the stuff but good lord, it’s fun.
2. Nobody invites you to do stuff you can’t be bothered to do.
It’s a lazy person’s dream.
3. Which is great, because there’s only one place you plan to be all month.
4. There’s also another series of Sherlock and his incredible put-downs to watch.
5. In fact, it doesn’t matter what’s on TV, as long as you don’t have to move.
6. Plus it’s awards season, so we get to watch famous people get pissed off .
Exhibit A: Tommy Lee Jones full of the joys of Spring at last year’s Golden Globes.
7. And it’s a good time for cinema, what with the Oscars creeping up on us…
9. We’re already fat from Christmas, so we might as well carry on eating all the comfort food.
I’ll start the diet in February, ok?
10. And anyway, who cares about your figure when you’re practically living in a onesie?
11. You may be poor but it’s the only time of year you can say you’re spending considerably less than last month.
12. So you can totally justify ordering that takeaway.
13. And even if you’re pigging out you still get to be smug if you stick to your no-alcohol rule.
14. And… um… hang on, I’m getting distracted by how healthy and glowy my skin is looking from not drinking all year.
All year so far that is.
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›