2. Here are some of the lyrics:
We’re living in a joke time, metaphorical coke time/
Commerce and girl men/
Run the whole world men
…Quick scam and drag queens/
Real life’s been blasphemed
Serial criminals dressed in variety/
Subliminal dressed up as piety
7. Lauryn Hill responded to critiques that the song was homophobic with a statement on her Tumblr.
It was super confusing.
Neurotic Society is a song about people not being, or not being able to be, who and what they truly are, due to the current social construct. I am not targeting any particular group of people, but rather targeting everyone in our society who hides behind neurotic behavior, rather than deal with it.
The world we live in now is, in many ways, an abhorrent distortion, an accumulation of generations and generations of response to negative stimuli.
Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. Although I do not necessarily agree with what everyone says or does, I do believe in everyone’s right to protest.
15. You can read her entire Tumblr post here.
16. And listen to the full song here:
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰