1. This is Dayna Morales, a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J.
2. Earlier this week, she received this note instead of a tip on a $93.55 bill:
3. The note says “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle & the way you live your life.”
The person who left this note was a mother sitting with two children. Morales, who sent this in to Have A Gay Day, says that the woman said, “Oh I thought you were gonna say your name is Dan. You sure surprised us,” when Morales told them her name was Dayna.
4. Morales, who is a former Marine, said she was “THOROUGHLY offended mad pissed off and hurt that THIS is what her kids will grow up learning.”
“Sorry lady but I don’t agree with YOUR lifestyle and the way you’re raising your kids but you didn’t see me throwing that in your face and giving you shitty service,” she wrote. “Keep your damn mouth shut and pray we never cross paths again.”
5. After the post received many comments in support of Morales, she posted this:
6. Just a few weeks ago, a waiter in Kansas was also denied a tip along with a homophobic note.
7. Update, Monday 3:40p.m. — Since the incident went public, Morales has received donations of up to $2,000.
LGBT Nation reports that one family drove from New York to donate $20 each, the rough equivalent of a 20 percent tip on the original check. She has decided to donate this money to the Wounded Warriors Project.
Morales’ employer has decided to match every donation to the cause.