1. A family has come forward and refuted claims from a waitress who said she was left a note from customers refusing to tip her because they don’t condone her gay lifestyle, NBC reports.
3. Former Marine Dayna Morales, a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J., said she received a receipt that said, “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle & the way you live your life.”
5. An anonymous couple came forward with a receipt that seems to be identical to the one shared online, with the same $93.55 total, but it shows an $18 tip. They also presented what they said was a Visa bill indicating a charge for $111.55 at the diner.
7. “We’ve never not left a tip when someone gave good service, and we would never leave a note like that,” the wife told NBC, adding that her and her husband support gay marriage.
9. The restaurant owner and a manager insisted they had the original receipt with a charge for $93.55, but refused to produce it for NBC. Morales shrugged off the claim and told NBC she was sticking to her story. “That’s not my handwriting,” she said.
11. The wife said she came forward because the receipt story seemed to be growing, with people donating money to Morales and to the veteran charity Wounded Warrior Project.
“I just felt like people have a right to know that — it’s fine if people want to donate to her or to the Wounded Warriors, but they’re doing it under a false pretense,” the wife said.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".