1. Last year, One Million Moms called for a boycott on the Archie comic that featured a gay marriage.
2. That issue was one of the few Archie comics that sold completely out.
As Dan Parent, a writer of Archie Comics, said, “We love One Million Moms!”
3. Archie Comics then announced that it would feature a gay kiss in an issue that came out today.
Kevin Keller (who is the same character who got married) and his boyfriend kiss in today’s issue.
4. And the woman in this issue seems awfully familiar:
In fact, this homophobic mom rallies together 30 other homophobic moms in the area. Yep, these women were based on One Million Moms.
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›