1. Seventeen, 1976: “My 6-Cigarette Way To Quit Smoking”
Quit smoking by smoking.
2. Teens Today, 1959: “Beach Behavior: Necking”
Those youths…always necking.
3. Teen, 1961: “Chubby Chicks Look Slimmer In Minutes!”
This probably involves vertical stripes. Or a chainsaw.
5. Teen, 1958: “What is the new ‘Chicken’ Dance Craze?”
This is just like twerking…but different.
6. Ingenue, 1964: “Magical Mother-Daughter Diet”
Aka, every girl’s worst nightmare.
9. Ingenue, 1967: “The Cool One: Michael Caine”
This is actually quite endearing. Alas, the chances of Michael Caine gracing a teen mag cover again…are slim.
10. Seventeen, 1966: “A computer picks the partners for a high school dance”
Well, the modern translation for this would be: “Teens prefer Facebook to IRL.”
11. In, 1966: “Confessions of a fat girl”
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›