1. Seventeen, 1976: “My 6-Cigarette Way To Quit Smoking”
Quit smoking by smoking.
2. Teens Today, 1959: “Beach Behavior: Necking”
Those youths…always necking.
3. Teen, 1961: “Chubby Chicks Look Slimmer In Minutes!”
This probably involves vertical stripes. Or a chainsaw.
5. Teen, 1958: “What is the new ‘Chicken’ Dance Craze?”
This is just like twerking…but different.
6. Ingenue, 1964: “Magical Mother-Daughter Diet”
Aka, every girl’s worst nightmare.
9. Ingenue, 1967: “The Cool One: Michael Caine”
This is actually quite endearing. Alas, the chances of Michael Caine gracing a teen mag cover again…are slim.
10. Seventeen, 1966: “A computer picks the partners for a high school dance”
Well, the modern translation for this would be: “Teens prefer Facebook to IRL.”
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›