1. Seventeen, 1976: “My 6-Cigarette Way To Quit Smoking”
Quit smoking by smoking.
2. Teens Today, 1959: “Beach Behavior: Necking”
Those youths…always necking.
3. Teen, 1961: “Chubby Chicks Look Slimmer In Minutes!”
This probably involves vertical stripes. Or a chainsaw.
5. Teen, 1958: “What is the new ‘Chicken’ Dance Craze?”
This is just like twerking…but different.
6. Ingenue, 1964: “Magical Mother-Daughter Diet”
Aka, every girl’s worst nightmare.
9. Ingenue, 1967: “The Cool One: Michael Caine”
This is actually quite endearing. Alas, the chances of Michael Caine gracing a teen mag cover again…are slim.
10. Seventeen, 1966: “A computer picks the partners for a high school dance”
Well, the modern translation for this would be: “Teens prefer Facebook to IRL.”
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- Zimbabwe park officials reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.