1. Good-byes are the hardest. Even if your loved one is going away for just a few days.
2. But you cry when you welcome them home too.
Tears of love and relief.
3. In fact, airports in general can make you misty just because of all the hellos/goodbyes surrounding you.
4. There’s the awkward part of explaining your highly emotional tendencies to others.
Well, OK, not “no reason.” Wait, does that sound better or worse?
5. Going to the movies is always risky, even when you’re seeing a comedy. Because WHO KNOWS what sorrow and heartbreak those previews could contain.
7. You know that if the squint happens (you know, when your eyes well up with tears), it’s a precarious balance between crying or pulling it together.
8. But sometimes it just comes out of nowhere and you can’t control yourself.
9. You can frequently be seen doing “the dab.”
Which is your own preview for the show. And that show is called Niagara Falls Face.
10. However, you’ve yet to find a waterproof mascara that can actually withstand the river that is your tears.
WATERPROOF, YEAH RIGHT.
11. The first time you saw The Notebook, your Orca-like wails couldn’t be contained for hours.
Old people who still love each other. God.
12. And people JUST DON’T understand what they’re in for when they decide to watch Titanic with you.
Fucking goddamned ballad of Jack and Rose. Their love WILL go on.
14. Sometimes even just TELLING the story of how you cried at a different point in time makes you cry.
15. You’ve maaaayyyybe had the experience of your neighbors knocking on your door to see if you’re OK. Or to ask if there’s a dying animal in your apartment.
18. Graduation season always gets to you, even if you’re not graduating.
Rites of passage! The cycles of life. Waaahhhhh.
19. But year-round, the internet is always providing potential tearjerkers. Like those soldier returning home videos.
This isn’t even a real one. It’s a freakin’ Zillow commercial. Zillow! And I’m still emotional.