Rookie has a fantastic video feature called “Ask a Grown Man,” in which great guys (past contributors include Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, Jimmy Fallon, and Thom Yorke) give completely honest answers to teen girls. The latest contributor — STEPHEN COLBERT.
Here, Stephen responds to questions teen girls sent him. His advice to them is brilliant.
1. Question: “When guys, especially teenage guys, do stuff like cat call and make jokes about rape, do they know their behavior is harmful?”
Further wisdom from Colbert: “Does our society educate boys to be misogynistic? It probably doesn’t value girls and women as much as it should. Boys probably see that as a signal that they can get away with things. Like devaluing women.”
2. Question: “My dad won’t let me sleep at my boyfriend’s house … when I try to discuss it with him, he gets very angry … I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year, and my whole family approves of him…”
Further Colbert dadisms: “But [your dad] may think that sex and a relationship aren’t the same thing. Maybe he’s more traditional.”
Watch the video in full here:
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰