If you’re a Gen Y girl, you probably first heard S.O.A.P. on one of those Delia’s CDs. A Danish pop duo consisting of sisters Heidi and Saseline Sørensen, they toured with the Backstreet Boys in 2000. And then their lives were pretty much downhill from then. Ours, too.
2. Their style was pretty amazing. Lipstick? Epic.
3. Eyeshadow? Epic.
4. Epic squared.
5. Saseline Sørensen is still making music. It sounds kind of like Madonna.
6. Her sister, Heidi, is also still making music but she’s known as “Suriya.” Her 2011 single, “Louis Bag,” (WTF does that mean?) sounds kinda like Ke$ha.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›