1. You can actually set up a Google Alert for yourself without being bombarded with results.
Must be fun getting one million Google Alerts for “John Johnson.”
2. Similarly, your Google results are all you.
3. When people hear your name for the first time, they’re intrigued and want to know the story of your name.
Go on, I’m listening.
5. When someone gets you something with your name on it, it’s EXTRA special because you know they probably had it custom-made.
6. Then again, on the rare, rare occasion you find a keychain with your name on it, it’s like OMG WHOA BEST DAY EVARRRR.
8. People tend to remember you because when they meet you, they usually have to ask you to repeat your name.
And then it sticks. Foreverrrrr.
9. You’re constantly getting compliments on how awesome your name is.
Oh stahhhhp. Actually, j/k, go on.
10. Because of your unique name, people tend to automatically think you’re a bit exotic and mysterious.
Her name: But how?!
11. You’ve never had the experience of having your order stolen at a fast food place because two people named Katie happened to place orders at the same time.
13. But … when you meet someone else with your name, you get SO EXCITED.
Other people also get excited if they meet someone with your name.
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)