2. But even if I did, I’d like to give some of my loyalty to the team I recently discovered is challenging the World Champions to a game.
4. Anita has teamed up (pun, anyone?) with a local nonprofit (TECHO) to make a public challenge to whomever wins the World Cup.
5. They want to play them on the Anita field, to bring attention to the issue of poverty, especially in the Brazilian slums. Right near the sites of the World Cup. It’s brilliant.
6. Seriously, it’s brilliant. Check out these brilliant moves.
8. In addition to the petition from the whole Anita team, they’ve just released a mini-story from one of their players, with hopefully more to come. This is Orley:
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail on bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.