Seriously, Mt. Rainier is so majestic.
6. The Seattle uniform looks something like this:
8. Whenever it snows it might as well be the end of the world.
You live on a hill, so driving is impossible.
9. A little bit of your soul dies when you don’t properly sort your recycling.
You haven’t seen Styrofoam in years, and the idea of it makes you cringe.
11. Good Asian food is EVERYWHERE.
The pho is so good that Sabzi from the Blue Scholars wrote a song about it.
13. A burger from Dick’s Drive-In is always delicious.
Esquire crowned Dick’s the most life-changing burger joint.
14. You will die without coffee. Luckily, good coffee is everywhere.
You can find coffee all around Pike Place Market, including the original Starbucks.
16. It would have taken forever for Tom Hanks to travel by boat from his house on Lake Union to Alki Beach in Sleepless in Seattle.
18. Zombie sightings occur regularly.
This year’s Red, White, and Dead Zombie Walk is July 6.
19. Everyone wishes they could go paintballing in Gas Works Park.
If Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles did it in 10 Things I Hate About You, then why can’t we?
20. Seattle’s sports teams aren’t the greatest, but we love them anyway.
And nothing is better than the Mariners in 1995.
21. Seattleites love the Sounders.
Sounders fans are proof that soccer can be successful in America.
25. Sorry, Sacramento, but Seattle is tired of suffering without a team.
This poll clearly demonstrates how Washington felt less than a year ago.
28. The Experience Music Project is kind of ugly but also kind of cool.
29. The gum wall is also has the same ugly/cool thing going on.
But mostly it’s just gross.
30. The only thing cooler than the Fremont Troll is the Fremont Troll Chia Pet.
32. The Space Needle has a sense of humor.
It survived an Angry Birds attack.
33. Washingtonians have spoken, and marijuana is now legal.
The Seattle Police Department released this informative guide on marijuana use. The guide is called “Marijwhatnow?” and includes a Lord of the Rings YouTube video.
35. Seattle is very hipster-friendly.
It’s probably because the city is so underground. And chances are, you toured underground Seattle on a field trip.