1. MacLaren’s Pub. The scene of all the best stories in How I Met Your Mother.
3. This is McGee’s, the inspiration behind HIMYM’s MacLaren’s, the characters’ favourite bar.
It’s on W 55th St., New York
4. Creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas used to drink there while working for Letterman on The Late Show
Though unlike Ted and Marshall, their apartment was a long way uptown, rather than upstairs.
5. Sidenote: Recognize them? It might be from this Season 1 scene
They cameoed as actors playing paramedics in a complex Barney Stinson scheme.
6. MacLaren’s was named for an Associate Producer on the show, who also gave his name to the bartender, Carl
9. And a fireplace!
A questionable omission - there could have been some storylines around this.
10. Originally, it was this mural that they wanted to include in the show
11. Recognize that in the background?
15. The actors have been through a few times as well. Here’s Josh Radnor at McGee’s.
20. And there’s some How I Met Your Mother swag around the place as well
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)