1. MacLaren’s Pub. The scene of all the best stories in How I Met Your Mother.
3. This is McGee’s, the inspiration behind HIMYM’s MacLaren’s, the characters’ favourite bar.
It’s on W 55th St., New York
4. Creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas used to drink there while working for Letterman on The Late Show
Though unlike Ted and Marshall, their apartment was a long way uptown, rather than upstairs.
5. Sidenote: Recognize them? It might be from this Season 1 scene
They cameoed as actors playing paramedics in a complex Barney Stinson scheme.
6. MacLaren’s was named for an Associate Producer on the show, who also gave his name to the bartender, Carl
9. And a fireplace!
A questionable omission - there could have been some storylines around this.