1. Softshell crab burger with avocado at Shrimpy’s, Kings Cross
The perfect accompaniment to the Shrimpy’s signature dish.
2. Corncake & avocado with salsa criolla at Andina, Shoreditch
This great Peruvian place goes bananas for avocado and it totally makes that fried slab of cornbread feel healthy.
3. Crumbed Cod NYC Torta with chipotle mayo and smashed avocado at DF Mexico, Truman Breweries
When the latest venture from Wahaca’s Thomasina Miers opens in East London on 24th July, the star of its menu, the Torta, will likely be the new queen of the London burger scene.
4. Avocado and anchovy matrimonia at Morito, Exmouth Market
So called ‘matrimonia’ because this dish involves the marriage of salted and pickled anchovies, draped across garlic and tomato rubbed bread. Lovely.
5. Raw Vegan Sushi at Nama, Notting Hill
The raw food bonanza at this new Notting Hill jaunt would make avo loving Gwyneth Paltrow giddy, and that is reason enough alone to eat there.
6. Tuna tartare at Barrafina, Soho
Whipped up into a smooth mousse and served alongside delicate tuna tartare - a most elegant way to eat an avocado.
7. Avocado and poached egg on toast at Caravan, Exmouth Market
Golden yolks spilling over the exotic pear is a bonafide classic, and this top brunch spot has it nailed.
8. Ceviche Andina at Andina, Shoreditch
Raw fish is good friends with the avo, whether it be sushi or its South American cousin, Ceviche.
9. Taco tray at Mestizo, Euston
Where would some of London’s best tacos be without a slather of guac?
11. Avocado on toast at Hoi Polloi, Shoreditch
Fresh rather than dried chilli fires up this bad boy. An excellent hangover cure.
12. Vegetarian breakfast at Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park
Why aren’t all veggie breakfasts served with a big scoop of the green stuff (and overlooking a gorgeous lake)? Perhaps even better than sausages.
13. Cornbread, egg and chorizo with avocado salsa at The Modern Pantry, Clerkenwell
Think of it as a fancy huervos rancheros.
14. Bacon and eggs with avocado at Counter Cafe, Hackney Wick
A hipster take on Green Eggs and Ham.
17. Mixed seed lavosh with avocado at Nopi, Soho
Avocado gets a Middle Eastern twist at Ottolenghi’s Soho home, Nopi.