1. Put your iPhone in a sandwich bag to protect it. The touchscreen will still work!
3. Or purchase some towel anchors to make sure your towel doesn’t blow around.
5. Create your own beach towel purse. It’s perfect for transporting and use.
6. Clean out a lotion bottle to use as a safe spot for your money, keys, etc.!
7. Or you can put your valuables inside a rolled up diaper. People will assume it’s dirty and won’t go near it…for obvious reasons.
Flickr: stevendepolo / Via Creative Commons
8. Use baby powder to remove sand from skin quickly and easily. Baby powder removes moisture from your skin allowing the sand to basically fall off your hair, feet, legs, etc.
Flickr: justonlysteve / Via Creative Commons
9. If there’s water in your ears, blowing into a deflated balloon can help clear it out.
10. Turn your steering wheel before you get out of the car to prevent burning the F*CK out of your hands when you get back later.
12. If you get some sun and are looking for quick relief, make aloe vera ice cubes! Perfect for a quick fix to painful sunburn.
Flickr: forresto / Via Creative Commons
13. Use Scotch Guard on your beach umbrella and beach chairs to ensure they last longer.
14. Hack your e-reader to have solar charging abilities.
Flickr: holleboom / Via Creative Commons
15. If you are having trouble finding parking near the beach, you could save one of your old parking tickets and use it on your windshield to avoid getting a new one.
Flickr: 29456235@N04 / Via Creative Commons
In The News Today
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›