1. “Not all those who wander are lost.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
2. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
3. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I will be happily infected for the rest of my life.” — Michael Palin
4. “I haven’t been everywhere…but it’s on my list.” — Susan Sontag
5. “The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page.” — St. Augustine
6. “To travel is to live.” — Hans Christian Andersen
7. “If we were meant to stay in place we would have roots instead of feet.” — Rachel Wolchin
8. “Travel far enough that you meet yourself.” — David Mitchell
9. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” — Dalai Lama
We've got your WKND covered.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.